Wednesday, March 07, 2007

RapidKl ppl

This morning after my class,(in fact is almost class ending) cel called me and ask if I could go for the meeting wit DSA(Dept. Of Student Affairs… well why not, since I haven’t been to one b4, no harm trying… so I was there for the meeting and the minute I came bc, I’m here… the meet started with all the club/society made their own report… the best person to speak I think was the chairperson of Law student society…her tone and the way she speak is perfectly like a lawyer in court… after tat, the RapidKl ppl came to have a “dialog” with us…

It was very interesting… made many complaints and of course praises too…. Some of the thing that we talk was about the in frequency of the buses, then some buses juz make us wait so long before finally moving off… one interesting fact is that 617 which goes to Hartamas/ kiara/ that area and also Duta Station, has very low ridership… so we said why not reduce tat and then increase the other bus that has a higer ridership… it wil make us happy… and they said that 617 has only 1 bus taking tat route and 617 is the solo bus… how to reduce it leh… I think they might take tat bus off the road soon.. a fact is because those ppl who go to Hartamas can drive ma… wat for they wan to take the bus.. for those who don’t know Hartamas, well it is also known as the Bangsar 2… expensive place… then she answered a question that we ask earlier… “why college/ university student don’t have special fair like the primary and secondary school children...” then she said “because if u can afford to go to college/ university, u of course can afford to pay full fair…” (the special price monthly pass is given to school children which is under government schools, private are not included)…. This are juz some of the many things that we talk about la….

3 comments:

Flick said...

Not sure if you've changed your thoughts about this, but I happen to be staying in this area for this month, and seeing as I'm used to taking London public transport, I thought I'd try the bus (U83) which was a disaster - had to wait 1.5 hours for a bus at KL Sentral that's meant to go every half hour!

Not everyone wants to drive (some cycle!) and not everyone wants to take a taxi.

I think the low 'ridership' that was mentioned in this article probably stems from the fact that the bus service is so unavailable that people HAVE to drive/take taxis, since there's no point waiting for a bus that doesn't come (in the raging heat and humidity)!

Mike said...

just to reply u... i'm pretty surprise tat u dig up this post after 1 and a half year later... anyway, i hate RapidKl.. and try not to take it... coz the waiting time is stil as bad if its not worst.... anyway, i now do drive if possible...

Flick said...

@Mike: Thanks for your reply :) I think I stumbled across your post whilst searching for information/a timetable for route 617 (am not sure if it still exists - I saw a bus stop for it at Damansara HSBC but no timetable on the RapidKL website) and realised it was quite an old post, but felt compelled to comment after my experience yesterday.