Monday, March 05, 2007

Listening to other people & church

What is wrong if u juz listen to wat other people have to say? What is wrong if u listen to what everybody has to say on a subject? What is wrong to listen to more people’s opinion when u need something and wish to find out more….? Listening to people’s opinion is not a bad thing… what if you only listen to one person and tat although that person has the “power” to speak on this matter, but what he said end up wrong while other people (who have less “power” to speak on this) said was stil more correct than he does…. Regret??? I think listening to others will do u more good than harm unless they are out to “get” you…

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you know why the number of catholic around the world is going down…. There are several factors leading to this…. One of the biggest that I can see with my own eyes is because of the power of convincing of the other dominations of the church… They have better music than we do(maybe), they have better environment(maybe), they provide transport for those people who are interested of going there… Yes, the later is a very good form of bringing people there, especially students from outstation and will have to rely of public transport to go there… u must have determination and strong will in order to do that… sometime, when it rains, we get lazy to get out of the house, what more standing there and waiting for the bus/taxi to come… (taxi is stil not so bad la) by providing transport for people to go there, the turn out would be much better…. My church, SFX do not provide this kind of service(except CKK), but the people there are willing to give u a lift… Applause~~~ what triggled me to write this post is because 2 weeks ago, my fren came up to shah alam and so she ask me about church… as her tat part is quite far away and so I ask her to go to other church and I said I will try to help her out…(because I don’t wan her to go to other non-catholc church)(I believe many student will not stick to their own church/religion because of following frens) after calling my grand god mother,(she stay near there) so she said she will help me to ask the BEC’s around there… after few days, she called me back to tell me that where my fren stay don’t have BEC yet… so she will have to try 2 find her way there… ok lo, few days later, my fren sms me to tell me that she has found a church and so she can now go to church….(it is some other non-catholic church while she is a catholic) because of some people who doesn’t bother to help out, so there goes another catholic… wat a sad thing…. Btw, I would also like to thank those who often send me home, and also those who even though they stay far from my place but still take the trouble to send me home… I would end off my saying: “treasure what you have, and not after losing it then only wan to find it back… (like a love story, if u get what I mean)(when people is a catholic, u don’t wan to help them, then when they leave, you wan to bring them back again…) and yearly converting people into Catholic, how many that you baptize each year actually stay in the church till they die?”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Too straight and we'll bang walls. Too complex and we'll be lost. Neither are good. Neither are safe.
Those who bang walls will overlook the complexity of things. Those who are lost will overlook the simplicity of things. Both are as negative. Both are as pathetic.
A ball won't turn without we turning it. A ball won't turn without our effort.


I've said all I wanted to. I shall speak no more on this matter.