Wednesday, December 06, 2006

i suddenly felt like blogging so here I'm... out of a sudden, i felt like going home... its been 16 long, tiring, stressful, energy & mind draining weeks, since i last went back to my hometown.... Last time(first few months here) whenever i had this kind, i would cry... (who says guys can't cry... its not good to suppress ur feeling in your heart... it is harmful to ur body... its better to let it out) but now, its hard for me to cry out... what is happening..?

Last week, while i and my fren was eating at a food outlet near my college, there was this person who came and ask for donation for the Spastic Children Center... my fren was the one talking to her, whereas i was silently eating my lunch.... like the person didn't exist... (my fren normally will tell them that he is not interested, and they will go away) after she had left, he ask me: "what if u was eating alone, and she came, would you have keep quiet like just now?" I answered him: "i will just tell them that i'm not interested and ask them to not waste time on me" Have i become heartless...? what is happening to me... i use to be soft hearted... and i would normally donate to all this kind of things.... whereas, he normally won't really bother, but this time i could see that he had become soft hearted... The thoughts that was running through my mind at that time was what my lecturer said just the day before the "incident".... "how much of the money that you donate, goes to the person you are helping... and how much of it goes to the administration of the program, publicity, awareness drive and other stuff that will use the money that we donate and the person doesn't get it fully"....

There is one organisation that is currently having a donation drive with the slogan "W0rld V*s*0n - Sponsor a Child and Make a Charitable Donation"... i would say that they really help those children... and it is a good deed that they are doing... but how much of the money that we collected are use for other things like wat i said above... i have attach a link to their annual report...

What other good ways can those NGO do in order for the money that they collected go fully for the use of the people that they have collected for...? In other words, how can they do the admin work and also other awareness program without touching the money that are collected for the people..? Do give some suggestion... for i noe u are are smart and bright people with good ideas.... i would love to hear bout it....

No comments: