Monday, July 14, 2008

ONE LIFE revolution- My Experience

ONE LIFE revolution
You've ONE LIFE Do Something
My Experience of it


My Name was John. And i was born in malaysia.
It all begin with me in my house. I was from a poor family in a village. My father had to go to other place to work for our living. and my mother had to bring us up by herself, alone. Although i was still young and small, i knows that mum misses him alot.
One day, mum receives a call saying that dad had an accident at the work place, and unfortunately, has passes away. at the same time, mum was also very ill. she was so weak that she can't even get up from the bed. everybody was staying away from her as she was very ill.
as mum and us make cakes and cookies for a living, i had to take over everything including all the house chores.
soon after that, John's brother met with an accident on the way back from school. he was knock down by a car. and when we rush to the hospital, it was TOO LATE, he had passes away. the doctor then asked that the whole family do a HIV/AIDS testing. (sorry, my mind was reading story, so i did not pay attention to the voice narration.)
(While in the waiting room waiting to do the test, i could hear loud heartbeats from the earphone, and my heart was also beating so fast, that as if i was really going to do the testing.) (imagine if i was to do the real testing, i would freak out ba...)
So there i was sitting in the waiting room of the hospital waiting to do the testing. When it was my turn, i walk up to get check. And unfortunately, i was tested POSITIVE. [in the story ONLY]
Then in the earphone, sad music was playing. Nobody wants to be tested positive. Audio said:"You can be brought out by someone who test negative, and they must bring u by the hand." The guy beside me tested negative. but he didn't bring me out... :'( the stigma of HIV/AIDS. after sitting awhile, i walk out to the next room and story ends.
John & his mother tested positive and is now receiving treatment. (Names have been change)

My Hand Chop. (The + Mark)

No comments: