Friday, February 25, 2011

right move to make???

I resigned from a job tat can pay me well, not much benefits except "good pay", maybe "learning process with learning curves" for the future. I left it wit super short notice for something that looks promising, sounds since because around three thousand plus (3000) applications was made, but only 100 odd people was given the chance to participate in the training and development program. Leaving the good pay job had consequences of being tag with a note that i gave short notice and left in a hurry, which may (will) affect my future employability and might (have) put a negative information to my name.

My (ex) manager said that they too can offer learning curves and learning process as long as i am interested and can contribute towards the development of the project when i get involve and can prove that i should be given a chance at it. Leaving the job for something that has no assurance (bonded for 1 year + 1 year with high penalty if drop-out) was a very risky thing to do, and together with it i might get "black listed" because of my sudden departure from the organization. I left the job for the training program was to gain more knowledge and above all, a better understanding and overview of the industry. My manager said that they can offer the same if not better, and she shared with me the things that i can achieve and do if i was to stay on, i might be learning even better things and insights.

It still do ponder upon me if i have made the correct move at the current moment in life, because i left a good paying job (which offer me more money to spend and save, compared to something that is "low allowance"). I know that i can no longer make any changes because i have committed to it, and i would have to endure and go through all the challenges that i will be faced with. Hopefully this would be a life changing experience for the better part of me.

How many people would actually leave a good paying job when all the world talks is base on how much you can make! The more you earn, the greater your ability, the more respected and your voice is heard!

No comments: