Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Test drive new Honda Jazz

Today while I was on my way back from town, I decided to drop by at YM motors to try out the New Jazz... the test drive is the best for now, much better than the other time when I went with my fren to H******, and the worst I has was at P**t**.

After looking at the display model, and trying out the new things, I decided to ask if the test drive car is available, and saw that is was just park outside, so I and the SA hop into the new Blue color Jazz, JEJ 2. It is the V spec car with the rm3000 optional accessory, except the fog lamp. Starting the car, I notice that the engine noise can hardly be heard, and the cabin is very spacious.

Changing the gear into D… off the car goes with me steering it. The turning was pretty easy when the turning circle for it was only 4.9M.

Once on the road, I gently press the paddle and there is gone…. On the dashboard telling u all the normal information like your current speed, RPM, the fuel tank, engine temp, and additional to it is the digital meter telling u how far (km/L) that u can go while driving at this speed and the way u are driving now, and below it is another thing that tells u the average fuel usage (also in km/L) of the car.

With the control panel on the steering wheel, and the paddle shift just behind it, (spec V), it is very easy to control as your hands won’t have to leave it to change things anymore. The paddle shift comes into nice and good use while in S mode…

- on the left and + on the right that allows u to change gear like we are driving in Formula One. But just let the car gears be controlled like formula one car, and not its pattern of driving and its speed on Malaysia roads.

Pick up is powerful and its response is quick, as it is powered by SOHC 4 cylinder 16 Valve i-VTEC, 120PS at 6600rpm; 145 Nm at 4800rpm.

Sitting and driving at the driver seat gives u a good and wide view of the front and back. The pillar A (front) has been move forward by 122mm, to give a wider view of the surroundings and also more internal room.

Depend on the color that u want, in this case, I ask bout the blue, and the SA said should be able to be on the road in 1 month

The optional accessory that is priced at rm3000, is quite worth it as u get many more things like the fog lamp, that is said to cost bout rm700 if purchase separately.

If I was to buy it would be Spec V + Optional accessory (rm110k+ rm3K)

No comments: